Artificial Intelligence is being part of almost every field and sector nowadays. We all must have heard about AI being used in the automobile and computer sector, but do you know that there are several applications of AI in the agriculture sector too? In this article, we are going to discuss all those applications of artificial intelligence in the agriculture sector.
So if you belong to the agriculture sector or you want to know more about the applications of artificial intelligence in the agriculture sector, then this article is a must-read for you.
All about Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is a type of program with the help of which we can design various applications for our use. In general, AI is a type of intelligence of computer systems with the help of which they can think on their own and can use their thinking for taking forward various processes without the help of human beings.
The main motive behind the creation of AI was that the computer systems could work on their own without the help of human intelligence once they are entirely set up. Nowadays, AI is being used in several working sectors, let us have a look at all the sectors in which AI is being used daily-
- Automobile sector – We all must have noticed that in the automobile sector, there are a lot of places where self-working robotic and computer systems are being used, and all these things can do their work based on artificial intelligence. All these robots and systems are once set up by humans with AI, and the rest of the work is all their.
- Computers sector – You must have heard that nowadays using and creating computer software and elements has become really easy. As now creating software does not look like creating it, all these things are also being done with the help of AI only. With the help of their artificial intelligence, the computer systems are being used to enhance and recreate themselves on their own, this is the reason the computer system can become better than before, and they are enhancing themselves one step further daily.
- Educational sector – A lot of people think that there is no use of AI in the educational sector, which is not true, as AI is extensively used in the educational sector. There are several applications regarding studies and education, which uses AI for their processing.
- Agriculture sector – Here we have come to the actual part because of which this article is written, and that is for the application of AI in the agriculture sector. So yes, there are a lot of applications of AI, which are being daily and extensively used. We will discuss all those applications of AI in the coming points.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Agriculture
Finding the applications of AI in the agriculture sector was a bit difficult for us, as they are not being used all over the world, and very few places are having access to such applications of AI for the agriculture sector. But with the help of our research, we found out the listed-below applications of AI.
1. Agriculture Robots
When we were young at that time, we were thinking about the time when robots will help us in getting our whole work done, and now we are at a point where we can take advantage of such things, as such robots are being developed even in the agriculture sector with the help of AI system.
Although a lot of companies are developing such robots, but it is said that once they are built, then these robots would be able to handle several works regarding the agriculture sector efficiently. Some of the tasks that would be easily handled by these robots would be harvesting crops and many more.
2. Developing crops and soil monitoring applications
As we may know that thoroughly monitoring our crops and soil is one of the essential tasks because, with the help of this step, we can ensure better growth of our crops. While regularly checking our crops and soils could be a difficult task, but not now, because with the help of the AI system, there are a lot of such monitoring applications being developed. With the help of which your crops and agriculture soil would be monitored, and hence we would be able to get the best results out of it efficiently.
3. Developing Prediction applications
Environmental conditions play a huge role in better growth of our crops, and we all must be knowing that predicting the environmental conditions can go wrong most of the time. So for solving this issue, we need a trustable application. With the help of an AI system, these predictive analytics applications are being created. With the use of this AI-based application we would be able to get real-time and future analytics of environmental conditions.
4. Weed Control
Weed is the type of plant which if not takes proper care of, then they will destroy your whole crop. So with the help of AI systems, several robots are being created, which would be responsible for the control of weed growth on our agriculture land.
There are more than 250 types of weed crops, and being a person, we would not be able to know that the growth we can notice on our cropland is of weed or something else. Because of which, with the help of these weed control robots, they would be able to cut-off all types of weed growth from our irrigation land without any chaos.
5. Crop analysis
When we have a look at our crop, we are not able to check it thoroughly, as we would not be able to see them with a broad vision. But with the help of Artificial intelligence systems, we can create some application, which would help us in correctly analyzing our cops with the use of drones and computers.
Other than that, we would also be able to know about which part of our crop needs proper care and which part is showing efficient growth and which not. Such drones have already been created and being used in various parts of the world. One of the most famous companies of such crop analysis AI applications is SkySquirrel technologies.
6. Farm data software
A lot of people face a tough time while calculating and creating records of the total generated crop monthly and yearly. So with the help of artificial intelligence, various such software and applications are being created, with the help of firstly, we would be able to get a rough idea about our crop generation.
Other than that, we would also be able to get the actual crop generated record, and hence it also offers various tips with the help of which we can enhance the growth of our crops.
7. Lower the use of pesticides
As we discussed that with the help of AI systems, farmers would be able to get rid of weed plants completely, then once the crops have no weed in it, then there would be no use of pesticides required. Because if there are no weeds in the crops, there would be no pests, and hence we would be able to save a lot of money on pesticides.
Although there are a lot of benefits of AI, some of those are as follows-
- There would be no weed plants, which means our crop would be excellent, and there would be no adverse effects on our crops.
- We would not have to use any type of pesticides in our crop because, with the help of these AI systems, we would be able to completely get rid of weeds, with which there would be no pests too.
- We would be able to save a lot of money with the use of AI in our agriculture sector. Like as we mentioned above that we would be able to decrease the use of pesticides with the use of AI applications in our cropland, so we can say that we would be able to save a lot of our money.
Although there are several applications of AI, which is under development or are entirely developed and being used. But the above-listed applications are some of the best ones.
Advantages of implementing AI in the agriculture sector
There are a lot of people still thinking that AI in agriculture is good, but is there a need to use it. As the work is being carried on with older methods without any chaos. So here in this part of our article, we are going to discuss the advantages of implementing AI in the agriculture sector. With the help of the points listed below, we would be able to make sure whether the usage of AI applications is excellent and useful in the agriculture sector or not.
- With the help of AI applications, we would be able to make a highly-effective change in the working methods of our agricultural elements. This is a one-time investment, and if we can do that one-time investment and we have entirely setup our AI applications, then we would never need anything else for our crops and land, and hence we would be able to get the best outcome from our cropland.
- With the use of AI applications in the agricultural sector, we would be able to get weather forecasting and various other such features. As you know that get the correct weather forecast with just assumptions would never get us the correct value and details, so the use of AI application is perfect for us, and hence we would be able to get better results.
- When we grow a crop on a vast land at that time, we are unable to take care of every single crop plant, which means we cannot check whether a particular crop plant is growing, stopped at a point, or not showing any response. With the help of our AI applications, we would be able to get such details efficiently, which means we would be able to have a look at crops which are doing well and which are not and hence with the help of this data we would be able to grow new crop instead of that lousy crop plant.
- As you know that there are several daily use products which we get from the agriculture sector, but if we are working with older methods of growing crops then at that time we would not be able to get desired results. Hence, sometimes a stage comes that when we start noticing a lack in the production of products made from agriculture crops. This is because sometimes, the crop growth rate is really low. But if we are working with AI application, then we would be able to know about what type of results we will get once our crop is cut down.
- With the use of artificial intelligence applications in the agriculture sector, we would be able to manage our crops easily without any chaos. This means when we are not using any type of AI application, at that time, we would have to do the whole management work with the help of workers, which will consume a lot of time, and in some cases, various mistakes can also take place. But when we are dealing with AI applications, we would be able to get the best possible results from our cropland, other than that the overall management would be the best.
- AI applications is one of the best solutions that we can provide to our farmers with the help of which they can get rid of almost every type of problem they face in crop growing and for its production.
- There are many more benefits of implementing AI applications in the agriculture sector, but the above-listed are some of the best ones.
Here we have come to the end of this article in which we discussed the combination of Artificial Intelligence applications and the Agriculture sector. We also talked about various applications of AI that are being used in the agriculture sector nowadays, other than that we also have a look at several benefits we can get by using these applications.
AI is a very vast sector, and it has roots of it in almost every field. Right now, AI is still growing, and we know that when it grows appropriately, we would be able to see several benefits in agriculture and various other sectors too.