From the time machine learning has been introduced to this world, human life became easier. Moreover, there are different types of machine learning algorithms are there, and it has become confusing to choose the best one. Here in this article, we are going to talk about some of the top machine learning algorithms along with their proper usage. This will help you a lot in finding the best option for you.
What is Machine Learning?
Machine learning is an application of Artificial Intelligence that enables the systems to learn from experience. We coded each functions to get the results before the arrival of Machine learning.
I can explain this with a real-life example. Some of you might be using Google photos to auto backup your camera images. You will get unlimited photo backup. But the actual benefit of Google in this business is that they are teaching their systems about images.
In Google Photos, you can also categorize people with the same faces, images of the same places, etc. Machine learning made this possible. They teach their system with billions of images and made it really good.
We know that Google image search is the best and you can also search with an image to find similar images. Machine learning has made Google build these services.
Moreover, the main reason machine learning of creating Machine learning is to develop computer programs. However, in older systems, we have to develop our systems by coding, but with the help of machine learning, our computer systems would be able to develop themselves automatically.
Four Types of Machine Learning
There are a total of 4 types of machine learning, let us have a look at all of them-
- Supervised machine learning – This is a kind of system with the help of which you would be able to know about the future event results by having a look at previous events and results.
- Unsupervised machine learning – In this case, you would have to use unlabeled information for training purposes.
- Semi-supervised machine learning – It is a type of machine learning which has features of both supervised and unsupervised.
- Reinforcement machine learning – It is a kind of machine learning algorithm that interacts with its environment and hence works on its actions.
Top Machine Learning Algorithms
Here we are going to have a look at some of the top machine learning algorithms, from which we can choose the best one for ourselves.
- Linear Regression– In this type of algorithm, you would be able to notice that output variables and input variables are expressed as
y = a + bx, with the help of which we can know about the value of a & b.
- Logistic Regression– If you are dealing with binary data sets, then logistic regression is the best available machine learning algorithm for you. In this case, you can get data sets where y = 0 or 1.
- CART– Classification And Regression Trees(CART) is one of the implementation methods of decision trees.
- Naive Bayes– In this method, it is assumed that all the variables are independent of each other.
- KNN– This is a kind of algorithm that uses and takes advantage of complete data set as a training set.
Here we have come to the end of this article. We discussed Machine learning, and along with that, we also had a look at some of the best learning algorithms. You can choose the best algorithm from the list according to your needs.
Be the first to reply