Do you know what is that thing, that affects the whole application, and based on that single thing, the decision is made whether the application is good or not? If you said backend service, then yes, you are right. Because the backend server is the place where all the magic happens and because of which you can see your applications work. If the backend is not managed or created correctly, then your whole application will be filled with several complications and errors. In short, that application will not work correctly or will not work at all.
Nowadays, there are several backend development programs available, which are being used by several developers all over the world. But what if we select one of the best backend server development program? If you also want to know and choose that best backend development program, then do follow this article to the end. As in this article, we are going to discuss the best backend development program. We will have a look at its benefits.
But before that, let us first have a look at the reasons why you should choose the best one only?
The first and most important reason for which you should choose the best backend development program only because it will works faster than others. Moreover, with the help of the best program, you will get the best and number of features.
If you want to take everything professionally, then choosing the best is a must-have option for you. As when you take things professionally at that time, you have to think and work like that also.
This was all about why you should choose the best backend development program. Let us now move further and have a look at which is the best backend development program.
What is Express.JS?
Features of Express.js
As we have discussed what Express.JS is, let us now have a look at the features that are being offered by it to their users, which make their web application and backend development experience even better.
The first and most crucial feature that Express.JS can offer its users is that the overall programming is much easier and faster than on any other platform. If you have used pure Node.JS and Express.JS, then you must have noticed that the difference in that development of Express.JS is way faster and easier.
You must have heard about routing before, but I am sure that you must not have ever seen routing experience with Express.JS with any other platform even with Node.JS. As you may know that with routing a web application can fetch a URL that can be easily shared with other users and visitors. In the case of Express.JS, you will notice that whenever a user opens that URL, it will begin with an exact page state, while on the other with other platforms, you would not be able to get such highly advanced routing experience.
As a developer, which is the hardest thing that you have done or do? I guess everyone will talk about debugging. Although it is not a difficult task but while debugging. You had have to find the point which is showing errors and need to be corrected, and finding this point is the only challenging task. But it’s challenging for other platform users, not for Express.JS users. This is because, in the case of Express.JS, the debugging mechanism will help you in finding the point of error, and hence, you would be able to debug it easily and can save your time.
Express.JS offers the support of a template engine with the help of which you would be able to use static templates in your applications. So when you try to run the application at that time, the actual template gets changed into HTML file, and hence, it makes it easy for the client to design that page in the form of HTML.
This template engine is beneficial for developers as if the template is directly sent at the client at that time they would have first to find a way to make changes in it, but with Express.JS you would not need to do anything as it will directly provide you templates in the form of HTML so you can make changes in it easily.
Express.JS also offers support of Middleware. It is a type of system with the help of which you would be able to make changes in various features of the web application. Moreover, it will become easier for you to delete, change, or to do any such thing to those features in your application.
- Express.JS is an open-source platform for web applications.
- Express.JS is supported by the Google V8 engine, which offers high-quality performance to the users.
- Express.JS has a massive community with the help of which you can get rid of any problem you are facing with this platform.
- Express.JS also offers support of caching modules with the help of which loading & work is done in a faster way.
- You would be able to get the support of the same code on both frontend and backend.
- You would be able to stream large files also with Express.JS.
Who is using Express.js
Do you know there are several websites, which uses Express.JS for their backend development purpose? Some of those websites are as follows-
There are many more such established websites, which are using Express.JS for their development purpose.
Why is Express.js the best?
The first and most important reason that makes Express.JS best for backed development is that it offers several features than any other such platform.
You would be able to debug your application faster than ever with the help of the debugging mechanism it offers to its users. With the help of this mechanism, you would be able to find error points easily within taking much time.
The support of Node.JS is one of the best reasons because of which you should choose Express.JS.
You would be able to enhance your application up to a higher level quickly, and this is possible only because of several systems Express.JS offers in the package.
Moreover, you would be able to share template pages in the form of HTML directly. So it would be helpful for the client to make changes in it without any chaos.
There are several reasons, which makes Express.JS best for web development purpose. Moreover, the support of Node.JS makes it easier to work on both sides on the frontend and backend too.
Benefits of using Express.js for backend development-
Although until now, I must have discussed several benefits of using Express.JS. But in the list below, we are going to discuss some of the top 10 benefits of using Express.JS for backend development.
1. Scale our application quickly
The first benefit of using Express.JS for backend development is that you would be able to scale your application quickly. As you know that there is a support of Node.JS, so with the help of addition in nodes and adding extra resources to it, you can quickly scale your application in any manner.
3. We can use same language to code Frontend
4. Less developer cost to maintain the app
5. Supported by Google v8 engine
Express.JS is supported with the Google V8 engine with the help of which you would be able to get higher performance without any lag or error in the processing.
6. Community support
If you ever face any problem while working with Express.JS, at that time, you can easily take help from the highly supportive community that it has.
7. Supports Caching
Express.js supports the caching feature, and the advantage of the catch is that you would not have to re-execute the codes again and again. Moreover, it will help web pages to load faster than ever.
Pros & Cons of Express.js
Here we are going to discuss the Pros and Cons of Express.js.
Let us first have a look at some advantages of Express.js
- The first and most important advantage of using Express.JS is that you would be able to get fast application development experience with it.
- Several such platforms are unable to handle a higher level of requests, but with the help of Express.JS, you would be able to handle requests efficiently as it offers you the support of I/Q request handling.
- Express.JS has a vast, highly supportive open-source community.
- You would be able to integrate several third-party applications and services with Express.JS.
- Here is the list of disadvantages that users face with Express.js
- Several client request problems are faced with the middleware system offered with Express.JS.
- There are several issues in the callbacks.
Some unknown facts about Express.js
Let us have a look at some unknown facts about Express.js
- We can say it a fact or benefit, but Express.JS is an open-source and free platform for creating web applications.
- As I mentioned above, that Express.JS is faster and works efficiently. This is because the Node.JS, which is the platform where Express.JS is used that is put in work by Google V8 engine. Which highly focuses on performance upgrades and offers the best service to their users.
- While working with Express.JS, you will be able to get the support of JSON, which is one of the best ways to create APIs in a faster way.
- There are many more unknown facts, features, and benefits of Express.JS that we will know about in this article. So do follow it till the end to know more.
Some Myths about Express.js
Let us have a look at some of the myths that several people have regarding Express.js and also discuss some unknown facts about it.
- Several people still think that Node.JS is just a framework and nothing else.
- Another myth in the list is that Express.JS does not support multi-threads.
- People think that it’s hard to work with Express.JS.
Sources to learn Express.js
So, we have discussed a lot about Express.js other than benefits of using Express.js in backend development including What is Express.js, it features, benefits of using Express.js for backend development, some unknown facts, pros, and cons and some myths about Express.js